Monday, June 22, 2015

Reflection Paper

I still remember why I decided to choose computer language learning class in this semester. Because I want to improve my English ability, including speaking, writing and listening. The most important thing is speaking, I think. But until now, I am still afraid of speaking English. I do not know why. Although I have got TOEIC 750 score in last winter vacation. So I want to learn English by other way, except conventional English class. And I chose this class.

I know technology is very convenient now. I can find a lots of information what I want on the internet. But I don’t know what is “CALL.” I even do not notice that I am keep using them, either! After this class, I have understood what it means - Computer Assisted Language Learning. I also know “MALL” – Mobile Assisted Language Learning. And I am keep going using them.

I have heard classmate said that you can set up your own blog online. What you want to share, what kind of the blog style, who you want to show. It is all up to you. I have never use blog before. So when teacher said that we are going to set up ours own blogs. I am feeling afraid and excited. Besides, we have different homework on weekend. It enforce me to practice and improve my English, I like it!

Teacher introduces a lot of websites to us. Some online dictionaries such as, Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, Longman Dictionary of Contemporary Dictionary and Collins COBUILD Advanced Dictionary. I like Oxford more than others. Because of the dictionary is a Monolingual dictionary, not a Bilingual dictionary. Although Oxford is a Monolingual dictionary, it does not use so many complex vocabularies. So I can understand a new vocabulary in a short time. I do not need to spend another time to look up. I also can improve my reading ability at the same time.

We also have English presentation in this class. Compare with other classes it is more challenging for me. Because it is not allow to bring any sheet to the stage when you are present. When I heard it, what I am thinking is “Oh my god! Are you kidding me? It is English presentation. Not Chinese!” To tell you the truth, it is the first time. But I did it! Although my presentation it is not very well. I also found an interesting website when I was preparedVoice Tube. It is like You Tube has so many kinds of videos. Specially, I can see the subtitles beside the video in Voice Tube. All of the videos have subtitles. Besides, I can record the vocabulary that I do not understand. It also can look up dictionary immediately. So I do not need to open a new page to look up. It is really very useful.


After this class, I take out my mobile and watch CNN news every morning when I am taking the MRT. It is a little difficult for me now. But I believe that someday it will become easy for me. In my free time I go to Voice Tube look for some interesting videos and watch them. Yes, I do not like to learn English in a normal way. I am motivated by this class. Hope I can keep my passion to learn English. Sometimes, it is interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment